EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Learning with Little House:
On the Banks of Plum Creek is the fourth book in the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. This book covers a span of time that the family lived first in a sod house and then in a milled lumber house near a creek in Minnesota. This volume of the series also describes the terrible years when they dealt with the plague of grasshoppers and when Pa had to go away from home to find cash-paying work.
"On the Banks of Plum Creek" Trivia
1. What four states do the Ingalls family pass through on their way to Plum Creek?
2. What flowers grow on the dugout?
3. Who is Johnny Johnson?
4. What does Pa tell Laura and Mary not to slide down?
5. What is the "wonderful house" made of?
6. What surprise for Ma does Pa hid in the lean-to?
7. What does Sandy Kennedy call Laura and Mary the first day of school?
8. How much does the slate pencil cost?
9. What game does Nellie always want to play at recess?
10. Where does Laura read Mother Goose?
11. What kind of cakes does Ma serve at Laura and Mary's party?
12. What is the glittering cloud?
13. What does Pa ask Ma to take good care of while he is working in the east?
14. What piece of clothing is Laura's favorite Christmas gift?
15. What do Laura and Carrie use to make pictures on the windows?
16. How many days is Pa caught in the blizzard?
17. Why does Pa think there will be no grasshoppers in the summer?
18. What does Pa manage to bring home for Christmas dinner after the blizzard?
1. Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota
2. Morning glories
3. The herd boy
4. The straw-stack
5. Sawed lumber
6. A cookstove
8. A penny
10. At Nellie's party
11. Vanity cakes
13. His fiddle
14. A fur cape and muff
16. Four days
17. Because the winter was so cold
Check out the Learning with Little House Index for more fun ideas for incorporating the Little House on the Prairie series into your learning activities.