EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Celebrate Christmas: Malted-Milk Popcorn Balls
2 quarts of popped popcorn
1/3 cup malted-milk powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 dark or light corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Place popcorn in a large, 4-inch deep, buttered baking pan. Keep warm in oven.
3. In a large saucepan, combine malted-milk powder, sugar, corn syrup, water, butter and salt. Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 250 degree F on a candy thermometer.
4. Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla.
5. Remove popcorn from oven. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn and peanuts, stirring to mix well.
6. Form into balls.
Yield: approximately 8 popcorn balls.
Variation: Form each popcorn ball around a chocolate-covered malted-milk ball.