EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
It is easy to add color and flavor to a traditional popcorn ball by using colored miniature marshmallows. You can use either the pastel ones that are available year round or use the holiday-themed ones available only during specific holidays.
Rainbow Popcorn Balls
2 quarts of popped popcorn
3 T. butter
2 cups colored minature marshmallows
2 T. flavored gelatin powder (e.g., Jell-O)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Place popcorn in a large, 4-inch deep, buttered baking pan. Keep warm in oven.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
4. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
5. Blend in gelatin powder.
6. Remove popcorn from oven. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix well.
7. Form into balls.
Yield: approximately 8 popcorn balls.