EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Russian Tea Popcorn Confetti Balls
2 quarts of popped popcorn
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered orange breakfast drink (e.g., "Tang")
1/6 cup instant tea powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/3 cup dark or light corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Place popcorn in a large, 4-inch deep, buttered baking pan. Keep warm in oven.
3. In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except vanilla. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, then cook until mixture reaches 250 degrees F on a candy thermometer, stirring frequently.
4. Remove from heath and quickly stir in vanilla.
5. Remove popcorn from oven. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn, stirring to mix well.
6. Form into balls.
Yield: approximately 8 popcorn balls.