EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Molasses-Peanut Popcorn Balls
2 quarts of popped popcorn
2 1/2 cups salted peanuts
3/4 cup light molasses
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 T. vinegar
3 T. butter
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Place popcorn and peanuts in a large, 4-inch deep, buttered baking pan. Keep warm in oven.
3. In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except butter. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, then cook until mixture reaches 250 degrees F on a candy thermometer, stirring frequently.
4. Remove from heat and quickly stir in butter until it melts.
5. Remove popcorn from oven. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn and peanuts, stirring to mix well.
6. Form into balls.
Yield: approximately 8 popcorn balls.