EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Hawaiian Popcorn Balls
2 quarts of popped popcorn
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 T. light corn syrup
1/8 t. salt
1/3 t. vinegar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup candied pineapple
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Place popcorn and peanuts in a large, 4-inch deep, buttered baking pan. Keep warm in oven.
3. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn syrup. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, then cook until mixture reaches 250 degrees F on a candy thermometer, stirring frequently. Add salt and vinegar and cook until mixture reaches 270 degrees F.
4. Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla, coconut, and pineapple.
5. Remove popcorn from oven. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn and peanuts, stirring to mix well.
6. Form into balls.
Yield: approximately 8 popcorn balls.