EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader:
Welcome to our new student-created literature-based mini unit studies!
This unit study is based on the book Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis and it was created especially for EasyFunSchool.com by Amber Ballew, a 17 year old homeschooled student in Missouri.
soiled and stained
a point of land jutting out into the water
flesh unfit for food
official appointed to live in a foreign country
suffering from neglect
moving up and down
soil bound by roots into a thick mat
twisting in pain
- What are the names of the Lone Islands?
(Doorn, Felimath, and Avra.)
- Why did Lucy and the others want to land on Felimath?
(Lucy wanted to walk there again, Caspian wanted to stretch his legs, and Eustace just wanted to get away from the boat.)
- What was Caspian's opinion of a boat so big that you wouldn't know that you were at sea?
(That if you didn't know that you were at sea, you might as well stay ashore.)
- Why did the ground seem to be pitching up and down at first?
(Because they had gotten used to the pitch and roll of a boat, the ground seemed to be moving beneath them.)
- What could they see once they had crossed the ridge?
(They could see Doorn, and Avra off to the left, and the town of Narrowhaven on Doorn.)
- Why didn't Caspian want to be known as king?
(Because, if the Lone Islands no longer acknowledged Narnia and her king as lord, it would be dangerous to be known as king.)
- What happened to Caspian and the others on Felimath?
(They were captured by a slaver.)
- How much is a Calormen crescent worth?
(About a third of a pound.)
- Why didn't the slaver get angry with Reepicheep?
(Because the slaver thought that Reepicheep didn't know what he was saying, and regarded it as more of a show, instead of a captive spewing insults.)
- Why did Lord Burn buy Caspian?
(Because Caspian reminded Burn of his father, Caspian IX.)
- What was Lord Bern's plan to rescue Caspian's companions?
(To use a show of force they didn't really have. He had the captain run up some signals to a whole fleet of imaginary ships, then put in at Narrowhaven to pay the governor a visit.)
- Make up a story about how the Lone Islands became attached to the crown of Narnia. Write it down for others to read (with illustrations if you like to draw)... or record the story using an cassette player!
- Think about the possible histories of the prisoners in Pug's ship. Write some of them down.
- Read about battles won through trickery, or by a small army against all odds. Suggestions are: The story of Gideon, Judges 6-8; David and Goliath, I Samuel 17; Samson, Judges 16; Fort McHenry, or Prince Caspian.
How to Get Chapters 4 - 16 (FREE)