EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Edible 'FunDough' Playdough
How do you make playdough and clay … one of the favorite playtime materials of today’s child … even more enticing? How about making it edible?! Here’s a smart, fun, and easy recipe to do just that.
˝ cup hot water
˝ cup canned evaporated milk
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
˝ packet of dry yeast dissolved in 2 additional tbsps warm water
3 cups of flour
1. Mix together all of the ingredients except for the flour and the raisins.
2. Stir in two cups of the flour.
3. Add more flour until dough leaves the side of the bowl you are mixing it in and can be kneaded.
4. Divide into portions.
5. Continue kneading single portions until dough becomes “springy.”
6. Add raisins if desired, and knead them in.
7. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size.
8. Knead the dough down again and let it rise for a second time.
9. Knead it down again. Shape into balls or other forms of the child’s choice.
10. Place shapes onto an oiled pan and let them rise again until double in size.
11. Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned.
All the kneading and shaping really allows the child to use their imagination to its fullest. Careful, this fun dough is habit forming!