EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Make Homemade Marbled Paper
Ever needed a unique paper for art projects or stationary? Ever needed something special to print an award or certificate on? Ever priced those marbled papers? Whew! Here is a very simple recipe and art project to create beautiful, one-of-a-kind papers to use for all of your needs. The kids love making something that is uniquely their own.
For each color –
One tablespoon acrylic paint
Two tablespoons of water
½ cup of liquid fabric starch
a flat cooking pan with sides such as a cookie sheet, roasting pan, or tray
1. For each color, blend acrylic paint and water and then set aside.
2. Fill the pan with the liquid fabric starch. Use a paintbrush to drop paint mixture onto the starch. To avoid a yucky, muddy effect only use a couple of colors at a time.
3. Use a clean paint brush to GENTLY swirl the colors across the top of the starch. DO NOT thoroughly mix as you will lose your effect.
4. Gently lay a sheet of paper on top of the colors.
5. Carefully lift the paper. The swirls of color will now be on the paper.
6. Set the paper aside to dry, paint side up.
7. Add more paint and repeat these steps to make more marbled paper.
You can also do this with white paper bags
Try making your own specialty envelopes to go with your stationary.
Use index cards or white cardboard to make a bookmark.