EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Make Your Own Pickles
If you are anything like me, you always wind up more of something than you expect from the garden. Instead of looking at it like a problem, think of it as an opportunity for your children to try something new and fun!
7 cups cucumbers
1 cup bell pepper
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup vinega
1 tablespoon celery seed
1. Thinly-slice, unpeeled, firm cucumbers to make 7 cups.
2. Dice bell pepper to make one cup.
3. Thinly slice 1 onion.
4. Combine the cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, and salt.
5. Add water to cover and let stand for 1 our.
7. Mix together: 2 cups sugar, 1 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon celery seed.
8. Pour over drained cucumbers.
9. Refrigerate in a covered jar or bowl.
10. Let "season" several days.