EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Celebrating Christmas: Snowball Treat
You won't have any trouble getting the kids to clean up this snowball! They'll enjoy making it and eating it.
2 (4 ounce) bars German sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups crisp rice cereal
2 tablespoons butter
1 pint vanilla ice cream
2 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 pint strawberry ice cream
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
2. Coarsely chop chocolate. Set aside 1/4 of it.
3. To Make Crust: Place remaining 3/4 of chocolate in a small saucepan with 3 tablespoons butter or margarine. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
4. Place crisp rice cereal in a medium mixing bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, and stir gently to coat. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture onto bottom and sides of greased pie pan. Place crust in freezer just until firm, about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. To Make Chocolate Topping: Place remaining 1/4 of chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a small saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Cool slightly.
6. Remove crust from freezer and arrange scoops of vanilla, mint chocolate chip, and strawberry ice cream in it. Drizzle chocolate mixture over top and serve immediately.