EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Designer Crayon Cloth
This is a very versatile craft that you can use with almost any type of lesson. Its very inexpensive too. Let your child explore their natural creativity.
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Water
3 Tablespoons Salt
1 Quart Water
1. Make sure that all the sizing is removed from the fabric by washing it first.
2. Stretch the fabric out on the shirtboard and thumbtack securely in place.
3. Color in your design with crayons.
4. The thicker and heavier the application of crayons, the deeper the color will be.
5. When finished place the design face down on several sheets of newspaper.
6. Mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1 cup water.
7. Dip a pressing cloth into the vinegar mixture and squeeze out most of the liquid.
8. Place the pressing cloth over the designed cloth and press with a hot iron.
9. Mix 3 tablespoons salt and 1 quart of water.
10. Soak the cloth in this solution for 3 to 4 hours.
11. Gently wash in lukewarm water using a mild soap.
12. After the cloth has dried, the design will become permanent.
13. You can launder the cloth from now on in warm water and mild soap.