EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fun Food: Angels on Horseback
This is a fun treat to cook while camping or over the grill in the backyard.
8 wieners (hot dogs)
8 strips of cheese 2 1/2 to 3 inches long x 1/4 inch
8 thin sliced strips of bacon
8 Wiener buns
1. Slit lengthwise pockets in 8 wieners, long enough to hold one strip of cheese.
2. Tuck in a strip of cheese into each pocket.
3. Wind a strip of bacon around each wiener so the pocket and cheese are completely covered.
4. Fasten each end of bacon to the wiener with a toothpick.
5. Put each wiener on a cooking fork and bake over hot coals until bacon is cooked.
6. When angel is done remove it from the fork and put in a wiener bun.
7. Take out toothpicks before eating.