EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fun Food: Camp Cobbler
Autumn is wonderful camping weather. Even a camp out in the backyard is a real treat! Here's another fun camp food that can be made in the grill or outdoor fireplace.
1 (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
2 (21 oz.) cans cherry, peach, blueberry or apple pie filling
1 stick margarine
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Line Dutch oven with aluminum foil.
2. Pour pie filling of your choice in the Dutch oven, spread evenly.
3. Pour in yellow cake mix.
4. Spread evenly.
5. Cut 1/4 inch patties of margarine and place evenly along the top.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
7. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
8. Put about 23 charcoals on top of the Dutch oven and about 7 charcoals on the bottom.
9. Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until cake mix is golden brown.
10. Check it about every 10 to 15 minutes.