EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Plaster of Paris Plant Imprints
Paleontologists have found many fossilized plant imprints. This fun craft replicates what happens to create plant imprints.
fresh leaves or flowers
1 cup plaster of Paris
1/2 cup water
1. Pour the plaster of Paris into the mixing bowl.
2. Add enough water to the plaster of Paris to make it creamy.
3. Spoon the plaster of Paris onto the waxed paper.
4. Wait until plaster is fairly stiff.
5. Press the fresh leaf or flower into the plaster then remove.
6. Let the plaster harden for a few hours.
7. Examine the print after it dries.