EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
World War I: The Lusitania
In 1915, nearly 1,200 people died when a German torpedo sank the British liner Lusitania off the Irish coast.
1. Learn about the power of the press in regards to the tragedy of the Lusitania by clicking HERE.
2. Play The Blame Game while investigating the sinking of the Lusitania.
3. Study the history of the 1910’s by clicking HERE.
4. Beginning with A Powder Keg in Europe, Mr. Dowling’s lesson plans span both world wars and are an excellent resource for covering this time period.
5. Compose a newspaper articles that has the title "Lusitania Sunk, 100 Americans Perish".
6. Write a biographical sketch of Winston Churchill. The site should help: http://www.school-for-champions.com/biographies/churchill2.htm
7. Learn about the USA’s involvement in World War I and what the sinking of the Lusitania had to do with it.
World War I links for middle school: http://www.middleschool.net/curlink/ss/ww1/ww1.htm
Other online lesson for World War I: