EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Citrus and Star Ornament
This is a really fun activity, and quite unusual as well. If you are into the "natural" or "country" Christmas decor, this will be a great craft for you and the children. These also work well in your outdoor decorations.
Supplies for Project:
1 starfruit (aka, carambol)
Directions for Project:
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Cut fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Discard ends.
3. Place fruit on wire rack over a 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch pan.
4. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2 to 4 hours or until fruit is transparent.
5. Turn oven off.
6. Let fruit remain in oven until oven in cold, approximately 3 hours.
7. Fruit will be slightly wet. Remove from ove. Let stand at room temperature overnight to dry.
8. With threaded needle, make hangers for ornaments by piercing rim of each slice and tying the thread in a 3-inch loop.
The four fruits will yield approximately 30 ornaments total.