EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Easy Gingerbread People
This is an incredibly easy and fun gingerbread recipe. You make it with butterscotch pudding!
1 package (6-serving size) butterscotch pudding and pie filling (Jell-O is one brand of this)
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 T. ground ginger
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1. Cream pudding and pie filling mix with butter and sugar. Add egg and blend well.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon. Blend into pudding mixture. Chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Roll dough on a floured board to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter.
4. Place on greased baking sheets; use a straw to make a hole in the top of the cookie for hanging on the tree if desired.
5. Bake at 350 degree F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Decorate if desired.
Yields: 16 to 18 gingerbread cookies.
Note: you can lower the sugar content of these sugars by using sugar-free butterscotch pudding and pie filling mix.