EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fairy Tale Studies: Rumpelstiltskin
This is a really cute way of introducing fairy tales into your lesson plans.
Read the story here: Rumplestiltskin fairy tale
Or try the 'annotated' version here: Annotated Rumplestiltskin
Here is a link to a good lesson plan - it is halfway down the page:
Rumpelstiltskin Lesson Plan
Fun Food: Rumplestilt-Skins
1 medium potato, baked
2 teaspoons topping (cooked bacon pieces OR finely chopped fully-cooked ham OR finely chopped cooked turkey OR flaked tuna)
1 teaspoon shredded cheddar cheese
French-fried onions slightly crushed (optional)
1. Cut potato lengthwise into quarters.
2. Scoop out potato, leaving skins ¼ inch thick. You can use the scooped-out potato for another use.
3. Place potato skins on a baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle potato skins with topping, cheese, and French-fried onions.
5. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 5 minutes or till hot.
Yield: approx. 2 servings.