EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fun Food: Dinner In A Can
Perfect camping weather is heading our way. Camping is a wonderful way of learning about the world around us ... its also great fun, even for those not using the Charlotte Mason approach! Here's a fun dish for the kids to make with just a little adult supervision.
Even if you don't camp, you can still do this in the fireplace or grill outside. You just have to be a little more careful with the clean up.
1 lb. ground beef
4 tomatoes, sliced
1 (17 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
Salt and pepper
1/2 recipe Dumpling dough
1. Season meat as desired; divide into 4 patties.
2. Lightly grease and flour clean and sanitized 1-pound coffee cans.
3. Place a meat patty in each can.
4. Top each patty with 3 tomato slices and 1/4 of the corn.
5. Dot with butter.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Cover each can securely with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
8. Place on grill 3" to 4" from hot coals.
9. Cook 20 to 30 minutes.
10. Prepare 1/2 recipe of Dumpling dough as directed on Bisquick package or other homemade recipe.
11. Remove foil; drop dough by small spoonfuls into each can.
12. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
13. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Makes 4 servings.