EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fun Food: Dirt Cake
Serves 8 to 10
by Marianne E. Dambra
Here's a fun and funny snack time or edible craft that would go great with a lesson on gardening, composting, biology, etc. The kids will really enjoy this, especially if you let them do all the measuring and mixing.
1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 3-oz. pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
1 lb. Oreo cookies, crushed
1 8-oz. container Cool Whip
Gummy worms (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and pudding.
2. Fold crushed cookies into Cool Whip container.
3. Layer mixture in a clean plastic sand pail, starting and ending with cookies.
4. Serve with plastic shovel.
5. For added fun, put gummy worms in here and there as you layer.
If you prefer, use a large glass bowl to layer "cake" in, and arrange worms so they can be seen.