EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fun Food: Alaskan Pudding Pies
Even the youngest child can participate in such an easy recipe as this. And, its lots of fun and you can create numerous variations, so it never gets "old" or "boring".
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg (four serving size) instant pudding and pie filling, your favorite flavor
2 cups whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip is one name brand)
36 large cookies, your favorite flavor
1. Combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well, until thickened.
2. Fold the whipped topping into the thickened pudding mix.
3. Spread the filling mix about one half inch thick on half of the cookies.
4. Top with remaining cookies, pressing lightly and smoothing around the edges with a knife. The knife doesn't need to be sharp, so little ones can use a butter knife and do it themselves.
5. Freeze the sandwich cookies until firm. This will take approximately three hours.
6. Store in a covered container in the freezer or wrap individually and store in the freezer.
Variations and Additions:
You can add chocolate chips or nuts to the pudding mixture.
Roll the sandwich cookies in chocolate chips, nuts, colored sprinkles before freezing, if desired.
Add drained, chopped fruit to pudding mixture.