EasyFunSchool has over 1,500 pages of free unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more enjoyable for both child and parent!
Fun Food: Apple Pie Pops
Oh yummy!! This tastes a little like a frozen slice of apple pie. The kids really love making these … almost as much as eating them. Add the fact that it is nutritious and low in sugar, and even mom and dad will like it.
Ingredients and Equipment:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup applesauce
2 T. honey
2 oatmeal cookies
4 wooden Popsicle sticks
1. In a small mixing bowl use a spoon to together yogurt, applesauce, and honey till well mixed.
2. Put a piece of waxed paper on the counter. Holding the cookies over the waxed paper, crumble the cookies with your fingers.
3. Pour the crumbled cookies into the mixture in the bowl. Stir to mix well.
4. Spoon into four (3 or 5 ounce) paper cups. Cover each cup with aluminum foil. Hold the foil around the side of the cup with one hand, use a table knife in your other hand to make a small hole in the foil.
5. Put a wooden stick into the cup through the hole.
6. Freeze three to four hours or until firm.
7. To eat, take off the foil and tear the paper off of the frozen snack.
Yield: 4 frozen snacks/desserts.